I sure we’ve all seen Stephen Wilkes’ amazing photos of day to night, now Stephen talks at TED about how they are made.
Take aways from his talk:
- often over 30 hours of shooting to capture the time over the day
- all that time spent at his camera (when and where does he pee?)
- usually up in a cherry picker or scissor lift for the whole time
- months and months of post work by him and his team
- all the effort makes amazing images
It’s a pretty cool talk, well worth the 12:37 to be inspired by the man’s passion, watch Stephen Wilkes’ TED Talk.
Stephen has also done a 2-hour talk with B&H. You can watch Stephen Wilkes’ Evolution on YouTube.