As you may recall, my previous attempt at the Peanut Butter Cupcakes, from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World, didn’t work out too well cause I buggered them up.
You can check the earlier post to get the recipe for the Peanut Butter Cupcakes. I’m much happier with the way these turned out. It helps I didn’t open the oven during the cooking process this time.
Didn’t go with the Chocolate Ganache this time, opting for a frosting. I still need to get a piping bag so I can make them look prettier.
Was going to take them to work to share around, but left them at home, argh.
Peanut Buttercream Ingredients
- 1/4 cup margaine, softened
I changed this to Nuttelex as our margarine contains milk solids
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses or barley malt syrup
- 11/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 11/4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy milk or rice milk or soy creamer
Peanut Buttercream Method
- Cream together margarine and shortening in a mixer at medium speed till smooth.
- Add peanut butter, molasses and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in the sugar, mixture should become very stiff.
- Dribble in milk a little at a time, beating continuously until the frosting is pale tan and fluffy.
- You can adjust the thickness of the frosting by adding more milk or icing sugar if necessary.
- Ensure you wait until the cupcakes are completely cool before applying frosting.
yumo all the more for meeeeeeeeeeeeee.