Convert your h264 video to Apple ProRes 422 before editing.
Using Adobe Media Encoder CC:
- Load source h264 files
- Select all source files
- Format: QuickTime
- Preset: Custom – In Video tab select:
- Video Codec: Apple ProRes 422
- Basic Video Settings: Hit the “Match Source” button
- Click OK
- Confirm all are set to the same output settings
- Click the Play button to start the encoding
You’ll now have new files, still .mov that will be easier to work with in Premiere Pro, they won’t stutter along like the h264 encoded files.