I’m no car aficionado but this is just gorgeous. One of the finest pieces of Lego I’ve seen in a long time. The detail is exquisite. An engine, a boot with spare tyre, the picnic basket, the form of the car… just perfect.
Some Lego sets I buy because they have a connection to my youth, like “Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, Spaceship”. But mostly I collect the Creator houses and minifigs. Occasionally though a set comes along that is just amazing. The VW Combi Van is one, this is another.
Not saying I’ll get this, it’s just too beautiful to not write a post about.
From the Lego Press Release:
Experience the iconic MINI Cooper first hand, with its classic lines, detailed interior and fun picnic theme.
Take the iconic MINI Cooper for a drive! This beautifully crafted LEGO® brick replica of the classic MINI Cooper Mk VII is full of authentic details, from the classic green and white color scheme with white wing mirrors and racing stripes, to the opening doors, hood and trunk, sporty fog lights, detailed engine and separate spare tire compartment. You can even remove the roof to access a tan colored interior with patterned seats, veneer-style dashboard, turning steering wheel, and moving gearshift and handbrake. And of course, no MINI Cooper would be complete without a picnic basket and blanket, the perfect accessories for a cozy day in the countryside!
- Features opening doors, hood and trunk, spare wheel in separate compartment, detailed engine and 2 fog lights.
- Accessories include a picnic basket, bottle and blanket for nostalgic picnic theme.
- Authentic replica of the MINI Cooper Mk VII.
- Classic green and white color theme with white wing mirrors and racing stripes.
- Lift the hood to reveal the detailed engine.
- Remove the roof and access the detailed interior.
- MINI Cooper measures over 4” (11cm) high, 9” (25cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.