It’s a bit of a boring video, but it was a quick set up. “OSnap!” is currently available for free on the iTunes Store and I wanted to give it a go and see how it compares to the current app I’m using “Miniatures”.
This video was taken on an iPhone 4, about 1.5 hours worth of images (4888 photos @ 1 photo every second) at high quality setting in the application. Took over 3.5 hours to process the photos and an additional 2 hours to turn those photos into a time lapse video and then about 1.5 hours to upload it to Vimeo.
As far as apps go, I wouldn’t ever use this for a time lapse or anything else really. It is good that it saves the pictures in addition to the video, which most don’t, but it’s lame it takes so long to do anything.
What it does well:
- Produces sharp, clean images.
What it does poorly:
- Uses sliders for setting values. They are painful to control.
- Takes too long to do anything.
- Doesn’t output a standard size (because it’s capturing the photo rather than a video).
What it doesn’t do at all
- Capture audio, because it’s just taking photos.
- Skip OSnap! get Miniatures instead.